What is it?
Sexting is sending nude, sexually explicit or suggestive photos, videos, or messages via electronics.
Did you know—
- Most states treat sexting the same as child pornography which makes it a federal offense in many states
- A teen who sent a nude photo of his girlfriend to her family and friends after an argument was sentenced to 5 years of probation and labeled a sex offender until he was 41 years old.
- Nude photos that results in ridicule and teasing have caused depression and ended in suicide.
- Potential employees who have compromising photos on social media are often passed over for hiring.
- Even photos sent by apps like SnapChat can end up going viral if someone quickly saves a picture before it disappears.
Bottom line is this: Think before you text to avoid potentially life-long negative impact.
Just for Guys; 2014-2015