Here are 5 good reasons to get an ultrasound prior to getting an abortion.
- To verify a viable intrauterine pregnancy. An ultrasound, typically available as early as approximately 6 weeks after the first day of your last menstrual period, will verify that the pregnancy is in the uterus.
- To verify the gestational age, or how far along your pregnancy is, to determine what type of abortion procedure is available to you. This in turn allows you to know in advance what the risks and costs of that particular procedure are.
- To be able to talk to a nurse or health professional about any health or pregnancy concerns prior to making your decision.
- So that you will be able to make an informed decision regarding what is best for you and your situation.
- To take advantage of the free ultrasound services available.
At Options Health an ultrasound as described above is part of our free medical services. Contact us to learn more or to schedule an ultrasound scan at 925-827-0100.